Friday, July 6, 2007

Extra credit, perhaps?

At the urging of a (much) younger co-worker, I now have a Facebook account, and have communicated with several young friends and relatives via this, uh, thing. My youngest niece has offered to pilot me through the dangers (e.g., "intense poke wars" ... can't wait to find out what that is all about), and another has suggested that I might get extra credit in "23 Things" for beating her onto Facebook (she had been too academically focused to take part before her elderly relatives started hopping onto the cy-bandwagon, I guess). So how about it, Ellen and Jim? Maybe I could be like that slow kid in your third-grade class who always got "tries hard" on report cards (effort expended in all the wrong directions)?

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I created a FaceBook account too but haven't quite figured out much about it. I joined a couple of library-related groups. I wonder if there's a way we could use it for BCPL?

Ellen said...

Hmmm... if you could suggest a couple of ways BCPL could use Facebook I'd highlight your post on "Posts Worth Reading". How's that for extra credit?