Monday, July 30, 2007

Tag, you're what?

Betsyboop, you're fired!

I see that I have been "tagged" by Betsyboop. I looked this term up (online, of course) and found a number of definitions, none of which fit the situation. There was one I really liked, though: "the practice of shearing wool on udder and dock regions." Maybe I'd better be on the lookout for co-workers with shears? Aiiiii!
It seems that I now am to give the rules, list eight things about myself, and then tag eight other people. Sounds like digital chain letter to me...

THE RULES:
List 8 facts or habits about yourself. Post the rules of the game at the beginning before the facts are listed. At the end tag 8 people by posting their names and leave comments on their blogs.

EIGHT THINGS ABOUT ME:
I'm just not very digital.
The telephone in my kitchen is a rotary-dial one, nailed to the wall.
I still own opera records, but the turntable I have won't play them in stacks.
I can't play the 78 rpm "Six Songs for Democracy" at all.
But I have it on CD now, too (so why do I still have the records?)
I own a few books in languages I'll never be able to read (Tabasaran, for one).
I have a complete set of collectible BCPL SRC t-shirts.

No, I just can't bring myself to tag eight people who might be total strangers! This is not really my idea of fun. But I'm tagging Bahama Mama, Jem and Scout (does that count as two?), Ready...Set...Tojo!, and Ruby's Experiment. Now back to work.

No comments: