Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 5, Thing 12 - Rolling past Rollyo

I've just gotten back to work after a brief vacation, and need to catch up with the program!

I looked around the Rollyo site, and can think of a number of situations that would make it very useful. If I were interested in a specific topic - a game, an author or celebrity, or cult movie, for example; some subject with a number of active sites that I might want to search repeatedly - it would be efficient to set up this kind of focused search tool.

One of my reciprocal reader's advisory and book-lending buddies (who was absolutely delighted when I let her know about Library Thing) does a fair amount of online reading, and would appreciate the e-books Rollyo that was shown as one of the examples in the Rollyo site, to help her find the kind of older, long-out-of-print titles she often ends up reading from a computer screen.

A teacher might also set up a Rollyo of useful sites for certain assignments to help manage the amount and quality of online information sources for younger students.

However, at this time I don't really have a need to set up a Rollyo, so I have not opened an account. There's too much else to do, both in the 23 Things program and the rest of my work life!

Vacation was great - Colorado, scotch, and haggis; can life get any better?

No comments: