Thursday, August 2, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9

I looked around some of the newsfeed search tools - I wonder why this selection-aid familiarization excercise comes after "subscribe to at least 10 newsfeeds?" (I sometimes seem to be a little too linear a thinker for this sort of link-cloud learning program) - and found that each was a little different. I'm sure that if I were a more digital, online-type person I would quickly latch on to a couple of favorites. I like the local-ness of Topix, but had best luck in my specific searches with Syndic8. Technorati was interesting to look at, but I'm not really into surfing strangers' blogs (yet; who knows what the future may bring?). I didn't actually subscribe to anything I found on these, because I don't find time to keep up with the feeds I already have!

I've set up a Merlin account, looked around this career resource, subscribed, and am ready to move on to the next "thing."

My posts do not seem as insightful as some of those published by people who have been using computers more, and for longer - but at least I'm continuing to learn!

No comments: