Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Testing, testing...

Well, here's a test document to be sent to my blog from Zoho. I wonder what "zoho" means? The word processing seems to be pretty easy to do; I'm used to using MS Word, and after that hellish "Sandbox Wiki" excercise, anything is bound be easier and more fun.

Nice indentations, something I haven't figured out how to do on Blogspot (and am not interested enough to pursue there), and I've added font and background color - let's see if that will copy onto my blog. wink

(Oh, no! I explored the toolbar and did what I once swore I'd never do - I added a smileyface!! surprised And now I've done another one - put this dereliction down to rebound from my utterly frustrating experience with Thing 17.)

I can see that this kind of office application tool is a further step in the continuum of files on one computer, files on a disk, files on a better kind of disk, files on an area network, files on a thumbdrive. It's very handy to be able to put stuff on a storage device that could be used on any computer, but even more convenient to be able to get to it from any computer that connects to the Internet. Very useful for business, and adaptable to purely social stuff as well.


No comments: