Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thing 17 - Sandbox Wiki

Well, I managed to log in to the Maryland Libraries Sandbox Wiki, look around, and then try to add my own blog. At this point, all "play" ceased, since any instructions on the Maryland Libraries Learning 2.0 page or in the Sandbox Wiki are, as far as I can see, unintelligible. "Add your blog to the Favorite Blogs page." Okay, HOW?

I see a place for "creating a new page," but what I want to do is add a blog. I see several assurances of how simple it all is, but no place to paste my blog address. And I see several odd, unclickable items in the list, so maybe some others have had problems, too. Any instructions available seem to be written for people who already know what to do, and that doesn't include me.

After quite a bit of clicking and reclicking, cursing, checking to see if anyone else in the branch has accomplished this, calling 3000 and talking to Joyce, and blowing my nose really hard, I have reached the "screw this!" stage and am moving on to Thing 18. This particular "thing" is the most unfun "play" I have ever experienced. Not worth the time to exchange maunderings with people I don't even know.


No comments: